Thursday, March 10, 2016

Day 10:

It has been another really long day.  Today was my Friday however and I couldn't be more grateful.  I'm currently sitting in the dark eating leftover Thai food and listening to the distant sounds of crappy party music, Food Network, and my lovely wives peaceful sleep breathing.  I spent most of today away from her and I hate that.  I am however glad she seems to be sleeping well.

I worked another triple today.  It started off alright, we were preparing for a normal corporate visit, which is an awful lot like Mel Brook's Governor character in Blazing Saddles, "We have to protect our phony-bologna jobs, gentlemen! We have to do something about this immediately; immediately!". The phenomenon is something I've grown used to and can prepare for.  Essentially we have to make it seem like everyone is doing their jobs well all of the time, even when that isn't the case.  However, my team was thrown a curve ball today.

Those of us in merchandising at a certain unnamed mega corporation are submitted to monthly auditing (read as pop quiz) to ensure that or jobs are being done thoughtfully and maintained.  Today our auditor showed up at the same time as the corporate walk.  This was to much for the upper management team and they went into panic mode, a very common maneuver in their oeuvre of working habits. I ended up working for two and a half hours on a project, only to have to rip it down right afterwards: destroying all of my effort and essentially wasting my time.

That is the purpose of today's blog readers.  My beloved family is planning a party for my birthday and somehow it came up that all of our individual pet peeves should be celebrated by everyone at the party.  I have in my late twenties, narrowed down my personal pet peeves to just two major distinct, succinct causes, but those will be revealed closer to my birthday.  Today I will focus on one of the outskirt peeves that comes from both sources:  wasting my time.

I try every single day to not have a moment wasted.  I read and write on the train, I use monotonous tasks to create in my mind or sing songs to keep my voice in shape, I am always thinking about something as a precaution to avoid wasting my time.  I guess the moral of the story is I do everything in my power to make sure my time is spent doing something that I find productive.  I hate do overs (not mistakes or experiments) when in a context of miscommunication; when all of the struggles and work could have been avoided if people would've spoken to each other.  This is very common.  I am irritated far more than I should be.

Am I wrong?  Am I completely out of line?  I always try to complete something if I say I'm going to complete it, even if it can be time consuming or tedious.  Don't make me do it twice...I won't be happy.  Are you curious what the headliner pet peeves are?

I guess you'll just have to stay tuned (dated myself there....eesh) to see!

1 comment:

  1. Sooooooooo many ridiculous things are asked of us in the name of looking good, and appearing like we are the best, even though we are no where close. I totally get this pet peeve, and I am privy to the rest, but I'm not talking.

    ReplyDelete