Monday, March 14, 2016

Day 6:

Warning: This post is going to gush a little.

I have the best wife in the world.  I know that's a big statement, but it's true.  She surprised me yesterday with my first Birthday gift and has gotten me one for each successive day until my thirtieth.  She is constantly thinking about me and how to make my life better and I am truly a better person because of her.  I do my best to do the same!

Honestly, I never thought I would get married.  I had resigned myself in  my early twenties to spending my life alone, with lots of friends for sure, but alone.  I was a romantic and believed wholeheartedly in love, I just never thought it could happen to me.  I have always been self conscious, didn't really consider myself attractive, and had had relationships in the past that had ended badly, either for me or them or both.  The combination of those things led to this belief,  Boy was I wrong.

I guess the truth is I didn't truly understand was love was.  I'd heard some cliche or another about how everything freezes and locks into place, how the world stops and nothing else matters, how everything changes and yet remains the same but better: they're all true!  I can't really describe the feeling adequately.  All I can say is that when you know, you know! I honestly pray that every single person can experience what I have experienced with my wonderful wife.  Love is amazing and wonderful in every single form and humanity is better for it.

And that is enough of that.  Those of you who know me, have seen the look in my eyes when I talk about my wife and know that the statements above are true and not exaggerated.  Those of you who don't, will just have to trust me.


1 comment: