Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Day 11:

Time for another confession. Today's list was going to be my favorite shows that I've seen in my twenties. They all happened in New York. Then I was going to narrow it to New York shows and I realized that all of them have been at a specific theater...my theater. I don't know if I'm suffering from a familiar bias, if it's because I feel personally involved being in the room where it happened, because I've seen them all multiple times, or if it's because they are genuinely that great (I hope it's the last one)!

The other issue, I can't actually assign values and position the shows numerically. They all mean so much to me and touch me in different ways every single time (all the feels) and therefore I can't "pick a winner".

So here are the five shows in no particular order:

Hamilton

Fun Home

Here Lies Love

The Good Person of Szechwan

The Apple Family Plays

Runner Up

First Daughter Suite

The videos don't do them justice but it gives you a taste of what was and is! These pieces have changed my life personally and professionally and someday I hope to do the same. If you're more curious about any of the shows, I will gladly go into detailed discussion with you.


There have also been a show or two that I HATED! But that has no place here!
  

2 comments:

  1. Hey Cam Happy Birthday!!! I am so happy that you are in a place that allows you to experience that which you are so passionate about. I'd love to read more but little tip, the grey font is extremely hard to read among the wooded background. Anyways hope all is well, Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete